MPBUS – Modular Power BUS for Space Vehicles
MPBUS is a decentralised power distribution architecture for spacecrafts, capable to transmit data over the same two power wires, allowing both weight reduction and cost reduction, due to harness design, assembly and integration tasks simplification.
- Two front ends, for power sources and for consuming energy devices
- No Power Distribution Unit (PDU), each device has its own power/load management
- Smart Battery Management: on-board computer can decide which of the distributed batteries is active
- MPBUS branches can be jettisoned (launchers stages)
- Up to 3 Mbps per data comms